As winter’s chill ebbs, it is the perfect time to schedule an air conditioner tune-up. Preventative maintenance is one of the most overlooked AC services, but it is well worth the investment. If you are concerned about high energy bills through the summer cooling season, a tune-up is one of the best ways to curb your costs while ensuring optimum comfort levels in your home.
What Is Included in an AC Tune-Up?
Your air conditioning system involves many important components that can wear out, accumulate dirt or otherwise deteriorate with use. An average air conditioner lifespan is approximately 14 years, but many homeowners don’t realize that a tune-up can extend this time. Service of your cooling system includes:
- Inspection and cleaning of condenser and evaporator coils.
- Inspection and cleaning of drip pan and drain line.
- Cleaning and adjustment of blower motor and parts.
- Evaluation of filtration system.
- Refrigerant evaluation and recharge as needed.
- Adjustment of loose connections.
- Lubrication of moving parts as needed.
- Testing of electronic components.
Many of these tests and adjustments allow your cooling technician to identify potential problems before they become serious enough to compromise your home comfort levels or cause significant damage to your system. Cleaning of your indoor and outdoor coils can make a difference of up to 30 percent on your energy usage for summer cooling. Low levels of refrigerant can increase your energy consumption as well. In extreme cases, an unmaintained system can increase cooling costs by 50 percent or more. Additionally, tune-up service can enhance the quality of your indoor air supply.
What Is a Service Agreement?
It’s easy to forget important seasonal services, and many homeowners end up dismissing the need for a system tune-up. A service agreement enables you to plan for your system inspection and adjustment needs so that you don’t neglect your equipment. In addition to semi-annual service, plans include such features as:
- Priority repairs – normal wear and tear will still occur regardless of system maintenance, and a service agreement may provide expedited service in case of an emergency
- Repair discounts – committing to regular maintenance can reduce your repair costs through special savings offers
- Expert insight into HVAC technology and trends – from variable speed technology to wireless thermostats, your technician can help you to explore advances that may enhance your comfort control and minimize your energy usage
- Planning for replacement – your unit will eventually require replacement, and a good working relationship with your AC expert will allow you to prepare for that need
At Air Specialty Inc, we are committed to providing our customers with expert service and excellent value. Spring is the ideal time to schedule preventative maintenance for your cooling system, and our technicians are ready to assist with additional home comfort concerns as well. Whether you need help in evaluating energy efficiency issues or in improving your indoor air quality, an air conditioner tune-up is an excellent starting point. Call our Saraland, AL, office to schedule your appointment today.