Considering an addition to your home? Be sure to think about the climate control; you’ll need to keep comfortable once the remodeling is complete. Ductless cooling can be a smart and energy efficient way to address temperature needs in any of your home’s additions including sunrooms, finished garage spaces and more. With over 25 years of expertise, Air-Specialty is here to provide you with everything you need to know as you enhance your home with a new addition or a remodeling project.
What is ductless cooling?
Traditional air conditioners use a single air handler, blower and evaporator coil, which is usually installed in a garage or equipment closet while ductless cooling units include a fan and evaporator coil in the same enclosure. A ductless cooling unit, also known as a mini-split air conditioner, works like a regular central air conditioner without the ducts.
How Adding Ductless Cooling To Your Room Extension Is The Perfect Solution:
- It’s extremely flexible. Your space is unique, and the amazing thing about ductless cooling is it is configurable to meet any space challenges the new addition or remodeled room of your home poses. Where traditional wall units or air conditioners with ductwork won’t work, the ductless cooling system often works perfectly.
- It’s energy efficient. It requires only small 3-inch holes to be drilled to connect the indoor and outdoor units and eliminates the energy lost through ductwork (which can be up to 30 percent in many cases), making ductless cooling systems often one of your most energy-efficient choices.
- It’s more secure than other options. Older window units and HVAC systems with ductwork can leave opportunities to penetrate your home, making it easier for a burglar to enter. While we hate to think of something like this happening, thieves are often aware and on the lookout for these types of access points.
- It’s quiet and unobtrusive. Your ductless cooling system typically blends in unnoticed. These units come in many shapes and sizes flush with the wall and operate quietly, so as not to affect noise levels in any way.
- It improves indoor air quality. Traditional HVAC systems with air ducts can experience a buildup of dust and allergens triggering allergies and respiratory ailments. Your indoor air quality can impact your family’s health. Ductless systems remove the issue and can drastically reduce dust, bacteria, pollen, allergens and other particulates circulating in the air. Plus, if your husband and his friends like to smoke cigars while they play cards, a ductless unit won’t circulate the smoke and odor throughout the house because there are no ducts to do so.
- It creates zone climate control. Some homeowners are under the impression closing vents and doors to underused rooms will save energy. In reality, their air conditioner or furnace has to work harder to combat the imbalance in temperature and pressure. If you have this situation, it’s better to install a ductless unit in your bedroom and/or other frequently used rooms and run your existing heating and air on a lower setting. The zones with the ductless unit or units will compensate and your central heating and air unit won’t suffer excessive wear and tear, so it lasts longer.
What else should I know about ductless cooling?
It’s important to choose an HVAC service provider who understands how to install your ductless cooling system and uses the very best products. Look for a company with many years in business, NATE-certification as well as an authorized dealership with top HVAC products. Air-Specialty specializes in air conditioning and ductless cooling. For over 25 years, we’ve been working with homeowners to ensure they have the best indoor climate control, lowest energy bills and optimal indoor air quality. We are here for you when you are remodeling if you need an HVAC repair or routine service. Contact Air-Specialty for a ductless cooling consultation today.