Thinking of listing your home or staying put – we’ll help you decide
The heat of summer requires your air conditioning unit to work extra hard to keep you cool while combating the sweltering heat outside This can cause you to experience breakdowns, less than optimal performance and even consider the possibility of replacing your unit. There are many reasons why you may choose to repair or to replace your air conditioning unit, and there’s no question it is a big decision. In some cases, replacement is the right option, and in others, repair might be the best course of action. Your friends at Air Specialty can help you break it all down and direct you to make the best decision for your home.
Use These Five Questions to Decide
- How old is your current air conditioning unit? Air conditioning units have a life expectancy of up to 15 years. While there are external factors, this can be used as a general rule of thumb. If you have a major repair and your system is nearly 15, it might be time to replace.
- Have you had a routine maintenance check-up service? If you feel like your air conditioning unit is on its last leg, schedule a professional checkup service. NATE-certified HVAC technicians help fix minor issues as well as gauge the current state of your system.
- How much will your repair estimate run you? If your repair is more than half as costly as a new air conditioning unit, invest the additional amount to get a new unit. In many cases, the newer unit is more energy efficient and can pay for itself over time.
- How long do you plan to be in your current home? If you are planning to sell your house soon, the state of your air conditioning unit could come into play. It can also give you a edge to advertise your home has a brand new air conditioning unit.
- What do your monthly energy bills look like? If your energy bills continue to trend up, it is likely because your air conditioning unit is not doing its job. Although minor repairs or maintenance could fix this issue, it indicates you might need an entirely new air conditioning unit.
Trust Air Specialty to Repair or Replace your Air Conditioning Unit
Air Specialty, a leader in HVAC services in Mobile and the surrounding areas, can help you determine if it’s time for a new air conditioning unit or if a repair is the smarter choice. If a new unit is in order, we can also help you choose from the top manufacturers and install the right sized unit for your home. Be sure to ask us about our helpful financing options. Contact Air Specialty to schedule an appointment today.
License # 84408